RCGP has recently endorsed a new book list for people living with long-term conditions and their carers. The book list provides information and advice on common conditions including diabetes, stroke and arthritis, as well as covering common conditions such as pain, fatigue and sleep problems. The list of 28 titles have all been recommended and endorsed by health experts and people with lived experience.
- Reading Well supports people to live well with a long-term health condition
- Reading Well provides information and support for people living with a long-term health condition and their carers. The books provide quality-assured information about common conditions and symptoms, practical advice for living with a long-term condition and support for self-management.
- The list also includes titles to support the carers, friends and families of people living with a long-term condition.
- The books are available for anyone to borrow from public libraries. They can also be recommended by health professionals to support treatment.
- Reading Well for long-term conditions is developed by The Reading Agency in partnership with the Society of Chief Librarians and is available in public libraries across England. It is funded by Arts Council England and the Wellcome Trust.
To find out more about Reading Well and the book list visit the Reading Agency website. For further information on recommending titles, you can download this guide, or email email@example.com