Medicines Management Team Formulary
The Medicines Management Team (MMT) have published a MMT Formulary on SystmOne which preferentially displays Sheffield Formulary recommended products along with other products that have been approved as cost effective choices or where there is important safety information to convey. This is automatically available for all Sheffield SystmOne practices and will take effect for each user provided they have the ‘Formulary Entries’ box ticked – please see this guide for further information.
The Sheffield Formulary has been produced under the auspices of the Sheffield Area Prescribing Group (APG) and is designed to give clear concise guidance on drug selection.
The formulary contains a list of preferred choices for non-specialist drugs and products, which will be available in both primary and secondary care. Please note that appropriate funding will be made available for all drugs that receive positive NICE technology appraisal, however not all of these drugs will be specifically listed in this non-specialist, primary care formulary.
The choice of preferred drugs has been made on the basis of evidence of clinical efficacy, safety, patient acceptability and cost effectiveness. The contents reflect wide consultation within the city.
Click on the section titles below to view. The review dates can be seen next to each section.
Introduction and how to use the formulary
2. Cardiovascular system - Review date extended to February 2021
3. Respiratory system - Review date extended to October 2022
Ellipta inhaler - QR codes and links to training videos in other languages
4. Central nervous system - Review date extended to April 2021
5. Infections – Review date extended to July 2022
Link to NICE/PHE table (Summary of antimicrobial prescribing guidance)
Clostridium difficile: Good Practice Points - February 2021
MRSA - Guidance for Sheffield CCG and Primary Care - February 2021
6. Endocrine - Review date extended to May 2021
Information on blood glucose testing strips - March 2019
7. Obs & Gynae & Urinary Tract Disorders - Review date extended to January 2021
ICIQ-UI Short form - Review date extended to January 2021
8. Malignant disease and immunosuppression
10. Musculoskeletal & Joint Diseases - Review date extended to July 2021
11. Eye - Review date extended to January 2021
12. Ear, Nose & Oropharynx - May 2021
13. Skin - Review date extended to October 2020
Abbreviated Guide to Emollients used in Primary Care - March 2021
Paraffin-containing emollients: fire hazard - January 2022
14. Immunological products and vaccines
Wound management products - Review date extended to July 2020