The resources on this page are to support practices with sustainable and greener prescribing
- Prescribing periodicity – 7/28 day prescribing
- PrescQIPP waste bulletin 255- which includes useful resources to support:-
- *How to manage insulin supplies - The guide gives guidance on how many insulin vials or cartridges should be supplied per month based on an individual’s daily insulin dose.
- *A guide to eye drop quantities and prescription ordering – this can be used as a guide to see how long eye drops will last to support timely reordering.
- Top tips for Greener Prescribing
- The Greener Inhaler Guide (Review date October 2025) – Support patients to choose an inhaler that is best for them and best for the environment. See - NICE Shared Decision Aid
- PrescQIPP inhaler bulletin 295: Inhaler carbon footprint
- Greener Practice guide to inhaler prescribing -How to reduce the Carbon footprint of Inhaler prescribing
- *How to manage inhaler supplies - can be used as a guide to see how long inhalers should last and suggested intervals for reordering.
- Greener Inhalers - Salamol Leaflet
- Greener Inhalers - Salamol Poster
- Return your used Inhalers to a Pharmacy to help reduce your Carbon Footprint - Poster
On the Prescribing Guidelines page, you will find further resources to Asthma Right Care (ARC) addressing SABA over-reliance in Sheffield
- Link to the Greener NHS metrics on Open Prescribing
*You need to log into PrescQIPP to access these resources. To register see link
For more information on the national sustainability work streams, see link